Invisible Braces – Invisalign
How many of us have regretted not continuing with our orthodontic treatment when we were younger and are now left with imperfections when we smile. If the thought of wearing metal brackets and wires fixed to your teeth is putting you off having your teeth straightened, then the answer is clear braces.
Invisalign : The Clear Alternative to Braces
Marek, Vik and Aslan have been trained to carry out this excellent treatment option.
How Does it work?
- It works through a series of near invisible, removable, and comfortable aligners that no one can tell you’re wearing. The aligners are made of clear medical grade plastic that fits closely over your teeth.
- You wear each set of aligners for about 2 weeks, removing them only to eat, drink, brush, and floss. As you replace each aligner with the next in the series, your teeth will move – little by little, week by week – until they have straightened to the final position Marek, Vik and Aslan have prescribed.
- You will need to wear the aligners between 20 and 22 hours a day.
- You’ll visit the practice about once every 6-8 weeks to ensure that your treatment is progressing as planned.
How long does treatment take?
- Total treatment time averages 9-15 months but obviously it varies, Marek, Vik and Aslan will be able to give you a better idea at the assessment.
What happens at the end of treatment?
At the end of treatment, you will wear the last aligner or a retainer full time for about 12-24 weeks and then a retainer at night for a further year before being reviewed. Nightly retainers will need to be worn on a long term basis to ensure that teeth do not move out of position.
What is the average Cost?
- Because each treatment plan is bespoke to you, it is impossible to give a price but we are offering a Free 30 minute consultation.
- Our prices start at £1500 up to £4000
Is the treatment suitable for teenagers?
- Invisalign treatment is suitable for teenagers as well; it can be prescribed for patients who have erupting or erupted dentition, so includes most teens. As it is removable they can continue to play sports and musical instruments. This treatment option comes with 6 free replacement aligners if they are lost or broken. The other benefit is that there is a little button at the back of the aligner which changes colour as the aligner is worn to make sure it is being worn.
- Marek, Vik and Aslan will decide if the Invisalign Teen or Invisalign Adult is suitable for your child/You.
What appointments will I need?
- At the first appointment, which is a free 30 minute appointment, suitability for treatment is assessed. If treatment is suitable for you, then photographs will be taken (both external and internal photos) and impressions for study models.
- If you decide at the first appointment to go ahead, you will have working impressions taken. these should be the only impressions necessary for the treatment.
- If you are undecided you can take the information away and then come back for a second appointment if you wish to continue.
- At the next appointment, if you are carrying on with treatment you will be shown a virtual 3D treatment plan called a ClinCheck, this will show you the movements that the teeth will go through over the course of the treatment. You will be able to take a disc of this home with you to show family and friends.
- The next appointment will be to fit the aligners which will be roughly 2 weeks later.
- You will be given 3 sets of aligners to take home but you will have to come in about every 6-8 weeks to have a progress check.
How do I clean my aligners?
- You can just use a toothbrush and toothpaste, soaking it in Milton when necessary.
Will I have to pay a deposit?
- Once you have decided to go to the ClinCheck stage you will be asked to pay a deposit of £350 which will be part of the overall treatment.
I am a new patient to the practice will I have to pay the New patient fee?
- No that will be included in the treatment package
I am an existing patient will I have to pay for my check up?
- No the fee is included in the treatment package
Introductory Invisalign Package;
- Free: Initial 30 minute assessment
- Free: Tooth whitening provided (if required) at end of treatmen
- Free: Hygienist appointments for cleaning, oral hygiene and stain removal (up to 3 hygienist visits per treatment course)
- Free: Genuine Invisalign night time retainers to prevent tooth movement after active treatment
- 0% finance available
- 10% discount off treatment if you join Blossomfield Dental Plan
- Free check up carried out as part of the assessment
- All necessary x-rays and models
- Full set of Invisalign aligners
- 3D computerised treatment plans that allows you to have a say in your smile design
- A typical active treatment time of 8-10 months
- ‘Fine tuning’ of teeth position after active treatment
- Small repairs to visible teeth that look worn
- Extractions ( rarely necessary)
All of the above are included in your treatment, with no hidden surprises!!
How do I Whiten my teeth?
- We will supply the tooth whitening gel which will be used in the Invisalign retainers. after treatment you can purchase top up gel tubes from the practice.
What happens if I lose or break my retainers?
- If an aligner is lost or broken you do not have more impressions, a replacement will be made from the original models and sent directly to you, it will take about 2 weeks to replace it and you will be asked to wear the next aligner or the previous one. You will have to pay the laboratory fee only for the replacement.
Any further questions should be directed to Marek, Vik and Aslan at the free assessment.
For further information or to book an assessment please contact one of our reception team on 0121 711 6939.
To watch an animated treatment on braces procedure click the Picture >>>
<< Click the links on the left or above to find out more.